Saturday, September 13, 2008

All Sewn Up, LLC

In my opening post, I made reference to my window treatment design business, All Sewn Up, LLC. So, let me share a little background information about the company. Operating a window treatment business has been a dream of mine since my family was very young. At that time, however, I had no idea how to approach the business part of running a business...the visual and sewing aspects were already second nature. My friend, Sherri, who is an architecht, was quite used to my carrying around bits fabric that I found interesting while I discussed whatever project was currently under consideration for my home. Five years ago, she asked me to help her with a project for one of her clients. It was a large project involving a lot of windows. Half-way through the process, I realized it would be a lot easier to accomplish our project goals if I established my business. Having access to the right materials and tools would make things go more smoothly. So, I set my mind on learning how to open and operate a business and All Sewn Up was born. (I am grateful to Sherri for believing in me and to my husband, friends and family for their ongoing support!)


Things have progressed nicely since then. The company has experienced steady growth. This past year I stepped beyond my role as a business owner and became an employer. This meant there was more to learn, but has been worth it. With our five year anniversary approaching this October, All Sewn Up is more than ready to meet our customer's needs in the coming years.



A peek inside the workroom reveals Sandy working on a customer's project.

0 comments: